Monday, May 21, 2012

Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive statement.
I think that I did really well for my activity for the first time teaching an aikido class by myself. It was a class of 28 and I think I did the best that I could do to keep them on track as to where the class was and everybody seemed to enjoy it.

(2) Questions to consider.
a. What would I give myself on the 2-hour and why?
I believe that I deserve an AE because not only did I prepare as much as I can and practice the presentation 4 times. I also think that I conveyed what I was trying to say as far as content and answers to my EQ. I also, after every answer, did a little re-cap of what the answer is as well as how it relates back to my EQ and how it would make me a successful aikido practitioner. I also incorporated my product with my 2-hour as an activity to help the students understand what aikido is all about as well as the three answers to my EQ.

b. What would I give myself on the senior project as a whole? Why?
I believe that I deserve an AE- because I feel that I was pretty solid when it came to the different components, but when it came to certain ones, such as service learning, exit interview, and even 2-hour presentation, I feel that I really tried to set the bar higher for me so that I could do a better job.

(3) What worked for me in senior project?
Resources, this is the main thing that worked for me throughout the year simply because I have been practicing aikido for at least 5 years and in those 5 years I had developed connections which made it easier for me to get my interview in on time as well as getting things such as independent component 1 and service learning done.

(4) What didn't work for me in senior project?
The only thing that I say that didn't work for me was science fair. because I feel that science fair was a completely different to my senior project simply because it didn't help me answer my EQ like all the other components did. I far as work it was very stressful at times, but also very do-able, if you are stressed about doing work it's probably because you have no time outside of school to do the work or you have been procrastinating, but maybe that's just me.

(5) Finding Value
I feel that this will be a very cliche answer, but it has really helped me use my time efficiently. An example of this is me balancing a Trigonometry class and I-Poly work at the same time, and the same with a Pre-calculus class this semester. I can also now present efficiently and effectively an example to this should be my 2-hour presentation, I gave a lesson to a class for more than an hour, that's a great achievement for a high school student. I believe that I can take these skills that I have aquired during my time at I-Poly and bring them to college whether it be having to present for 30 minutes or just simply manage my time so that I have time both for fun and work. I hope to use these skills as well as others at the college level to help me become a successful student.

No comments:

Post a Comment