Saturday, May 5, 2012

Service Learning

Literal:
  • Service learning google doc Calendar
  • Francis Takahashi
Interpretive:
The most important thing that I have learned at my time of service learning is that it's all about your creativity. Creativity is important in aikido because in a fight you will most likely not stick to a single technique to fend off a few guys. With creativity you can switch through different techniques as people are running towards you, and if you get really good you could switch through different techniques during a technique! It's all about creativity, see what you can come up with.

Applied:
Service learning really helped with my first answer to my essential question: Moving with precise footwork and positioning. Why? Well because as I was teaching the kids they had many problems of understanding the different steps of the technique, and when I had them preform the technique on me I noticed that without the right steps/movements the move's efficiency greatly decreased. I then concluded that this is important for all of aikido's techniques.

(2) Sensei Francis Takahashi

No comments:

Post a Comment